- Feeds 1 horse
- Holds up to 14 Kgs of hay or haylage
- Robust, innovative and horse-friendly design
- Includes 2 interchangeable forage regulator grids: Easy (white) and Standard (green)
- Diameter 70 cm, Height 72 cm, Weight 13,6 Kg (empty)
- FREE DELIVERY AND ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
- Please note: the Forager is suitable for hay and most types of haylage, however the use of long stem haylage is not recommended as it may cause your horse frustration.
Benefits of slow-feeding with the Haygain Forager
The way we approach feeding horses today is very different from their natural behaviour, where they would spend:
- 60% grazing
- 40% exhibiting other natural herd behaviours
Many horse owners feed high-energy concentrate meals 2 to 3 times a day with little forage available, leaving the average stabled horse spending:
- 10% feeding
- 90% exhibiting other behaviours
Limited access to forage can multiply heart rates by up to 4 at the time of feeding¹, and can lead to laminitis, gastric ulcers, colic, obesity and stable vices².
Horses are trickle-feeders and the health of their gastrointestinal tract and overall well-being is dependent on the consumption of small, regular meals throughout the day and night. Slow-feeding allows to increase the intake by 2-3 times, which helps reduce digestive, metabolism and stable vice issues¹.
Feeding forage at a natural pace: That’s pure horse sense.
The scientifically-designed Haygain Forager, developed in cooperation with the Royal Agricultural University, bridges the gap between natural behaviour and stable routine by regulating your horse’s eating pace.